Pages

Friday, September 7

Survive and Thrive

I thought it would be fun to keep a "deployment by the numbers" tally going to document all the craziness that happens during the deployment.  Mostly they will be about my goals, but I will put a few "normal" life things to see what it comes down to in the form of day in day out things in the end.  So far we've got:

gas station fill ups: 1 pit stop
hours in yoga: 3 hours
miles walked: 0.8+0.8+.7=2.3 miles
miles biked: 1+1.1+1.1+1.1=4.3 miles
bags of dog food: 1
presents sent from my  love: 1- a beautiful orchid plant, I need to post a picture!

Today I rode my bike around.  Yesterday I practiced around the neighborhood.  I was pretty nervous, the bike is old and the gear shifts are in very inconvenient locations and the steering is very sensitive.  I went to coffee with a friend and thought it would be the perfect time to try it out!  It is a "road" bike, but for me it will be a "sidewalk" bike :).  My friend snapped my picture.


My phone is in my front pocket leaning out making me look preggo.  Oh the joys of constantly carrying around your phone and making sure it is accessible at.all.moments, just in case!

I was also excited about a couple of my healthy eats today.  One was at breakfast.  I had oatmeal in yogurt and a spiced peach.  The peach came from the farmers market, so delicious!  I felt bad taking them, 3/$1 is what the lady told me, in the grocery store they are so much more expensive.  I made the peach extra exciting with some coco powder and cinnamon on the side.



Next was a delicious salad at dinner!  The rest of the spinach (I need to replenish tomorrow at the farmer's market) some tomato (FM), yellow pepper (FM), red onion and quinoa.  Sprinkled with white balsamic, grapeseed oil and pepper.  YUM!



While Im never going to be the blogger taking professional pictures, they will get better quality wise than this.  I guess in the transfers they didn't do very well.  I will be working on that.  I do really love to lookiat blogs that have healthy foods on them, they give me some motivation and ideas.  

Happy Friday!  I'm excited for the weekend, even though Im not sure what Im going to do yet :).

No comments:

Post a Comment