Pages

Saturday, September 8

Out to Dry


One of the things I've been doing for about 5 months is line drying clothes.  I've line dried nearly every load, only one or two loads that we needed in a rush went straight to the dryer.  I thought of it one afternoon after listening to the air conditioning run and run and run because I was doing a lot of laundry.  Around here air conditioning in the hot months (and there's a lot of them!) is very expensive.  


At first the line drying didn't go so well, but after doing some research I quickly figured out how to make it run much more smoothly.  The biggest thing I learned was using distilled white vinegar in the fabric softener place to take out the stiffness in clothes.  Sadly, for this load I had run out of vinegar so the clothes were a little stiff.  Its not a huge deal, I will throw the clothes that are stiff (cotton) in the dryer for 5 minutes and they'll come out soft.  Work out clothes are perfect for line drying, the dry so quickly and dont get stiff, even without the vinegar.  I'm really proud that I'm saving money, saving wear on our clothes and saving energy.  I feel very "green" :).

I had a great yoga practice today.  I really hope I make it tomorrow morning.  It made my day complete today.  My mantra was about peace and health.  I felt I found some peace and felt today was a great day for my health.  I had a great dinner.  I baked tilapia with some tomato basil spices and olive oil.  It was lackluster when it came out so I added salt and pepper and it was delicious.  On the side I had a half a red pepper and some carrots with Greek yogurt and natural ranch dressing mix for dipping.  The dip was really good.  Im not going to lie, Greek yogurt dip isnt the same as sour cream dip but I did really enjoy it.


I ended the night talking to my hubby, it was a pretty amazing day.  I had a lot of biking and walking too- I didn't use the car.  The puppy dog is so tired!

Deployment by the numbers update:

hours in yoga: 4.5 hours
miles walked: 4.3+2.7 (with our dog)+1=8 miles
miles biked: 4.3+1.1+1.1+.6+.6=7.7 miles
loads of laundry line dried: 1

No comments:

Post a Comment